Layby is a great option for securing the sizes and items you require but don't need right now or if you wish to secure an item and pay it off in instalments.
Our Layby Terms and Conditions:
1. A minimum 20% deposit of the value of the cash goods, including GST is required as the first payment when setting up the Layby.
2. The balance of the account must be made (paid) within 12 weeks from the date of purchase.
3. You may however, at any time during the period of payment, pay the amount owing and receive possession of the goods.
4. If the order is cancelled or if the payment is not completed within 12 weeks of the date of purchase the goods will be returned to stock. In such cases the rights of the buyer and seller are as set out in Section 9 of the Layby Sales Act 1971.
5. A handling charge of $10.00 will be made on the cancellation of each Layby sale.
6. Yarntons retains the goods until the final payment has been made.
Q. What personal details do you require to set up a Layby?
A. We require your name, phone number and address to set up a layby.
Q. Can I pay more than the minimum deposit amount required when setting up the Layby?
A. Yes, as long as you pay more than the minimum 20% required, you can choose how much you wish to put down as the first deposit.
Q. Can I take the item/s home before I have made the final payment?
A. No. The layby needs to be completed first.
If you want to learn more about Layby's the Citizens Advice Bureau has some good information: